The Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance, (PBTSA) designated in 2014 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership, is a unique partnership between primary and secondary schools, working with young people aged 3 – 19 years.
There are two lead schools: Benedict Biscop Church of England Academy and Whitburn Church of England Academy both graded by Ofsted as outstanding and who are award winning schools within this unique teaching school alliance.
A further two primaries and one secondary school take on the strategic lead in the delivery of teaching school priorities. PBTSA works in partnership across the Durham and Newcastle dioceses.
All schools in PBTSA share the same vision – excellence in education and life experiences, providing the highest standards of education and care, encouraging our young people to have high aspirations.
- Lead schools for school direct providing extensive experience, exceptional training and development opportunities for trainees
- Offer development of leadership at every level working with partners in the delivery of NPQML with North East Teaching Schools Partnership School of Education - Newcastle University
- Strong tradition of school-to-school support
- High quality CPD opportunities
- Specialist Leaders of Education deployed across our schools
Get in touch
Colleen Miller, Teaching School Manager
0191 529 4202