Town End Teaching School Alliance is an outstanding one form entry Primary Academy which was designated as a Teaching school in March 2012. It is part of the WISE Academies group alongside Bexhill Academy, Hasting Hill Academy and Welbeck Academy. The Teaching School works closely with its strategic partners to meet its mission statement of enhancing the lives of children across Sunderland and the North East.
From the outset we have provided support, training and partnership work as part of an inclusive alliance within the City of Sunderland and beyond which is available for all schools that choose to access it. We work in partnership with many schools on a variety of projects in order to be able to share expertise and best practise within the city at all levels. We are always happy to support and provide assistance were possible so please get in touch if you have any queries or questions.
- Pilot school for the SEND ITT national pilot
- Stonewall Training Partner for the delivery of training around LGBT issues
- Provides a wide range of CPD/JPD opportunities at all levels
- Lead School for Sunderland Talks EYFS training
- Lead School for successful School Direct partnership for both Primary and Secondary in both salaried and tuition routes. This is delivered in partnership with Northumbria University.
- Action Research hub including the 3rd Annual Dissemination Conference
Get in touch
Town End Teaching School Alliance
Town End Academy
0191 553 6996 (option 3)