Sele First School and Prudhoe West First School are joint lead teaching schools in the Tyne Valley Teaching School Alliance (TVTSA) which consists of ten schools across four authorities all graded by Ofsted as good or outstanding. Schools range from small rural to large inner city.
We were in the second cohort of teaching schools and are about to begin our second year of school direct; working in partnership with both Newcastle and Northumbria Universities as well as Gateshead SCITT.
Additionally, we have just recruited for the second band of SLEs and now have a total of 16.
- Lobley Hill Primary, Gateshead
- St Augustine’s Primary, Gateshead
- Wylam First School, Northumberland
- Ovingham First, Northumberland
- Shilbottle First, Northumberland
- Throckley Primary, Newcastle
- Westgate Hill, Moorside, Newcastle
- Rickleton Primary School, Sunderland
- CPD – primary framework, NQT induction and assessment
- 16 SLEs covering a range of areas of expertise
- Action research – maths assessement and EYFS hub
- School-to-school support within Northumberland
- Second year of school direct ITT